Things I've learned in the week since IT happened:
- Remember that district manager/owner/boss/co-worker that you really got along with at that job three years ago? Yeah, go ahead and send that person an email.
- Even the co-worker you were convinced never really liked you (though you secretly really wanted to be great friends) can surprise you and write a stellar recommendation.
- Ask your friends for job leads and then ask their parents. They've been out in the real world so much longer than you have and therefore have connections you could never dream of.
- If you aren't exactly thrilled with the city where you live, don't be afraid to consider relocation! You never know what opportunities you would have if you were willing to pack a few boxes.
- Even if you know you won't leave the house, get dressed, brush your teeth and hair, and put on your makeup. You'll feel better.